The other night we read a devotional on Dorcas and how she put others first. We talked about how different things we could do to help others. I never know how much sinks in, but always hope something does! The next day when I picked Ella up from preschool the first thing her teacher said was "Ella did you tell your Mom how you were kind today?" The teacher then started to explain that when on a field trip the kids received a sucker. On the walk home one of Ella's friend's lost hers. The friend was sad and crying so Ella gave her sucker to her friend. When I asked Ella why she did it her response was "I didn't like to see Kendal sad so I gave her my sucker and you know what mom? It didn't even make me sad that I didn't have one anymore because Kendal was so happy that it made me happy too. What was the name of that lady we talked about last night? "Dorcas" Yeah her I wanted to help others like she did. WOW!! I couldn't believe I was having this conversation with my four year old. It brought tears to my eyes talking with her about it. When they got back to school it turns out that one of the teachers grabbed extra suckers so Ella did still get one!
Ella's other exciting news is that she will soon be changing her look. Ella is getting glasses!!
2 comments:
Way to go Ella!!
I'm so proud of you.
Brought tears to my eyes too! SO happy God lives in little hearts like Ella's!!
Post a Comment